Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What to expect? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User offline   akajw Icon

• Group: Advanced Members
  • LocationBrockville, ON

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:13 PM

Apparently we are in for some kind of storm. I have heard everything from rain, to freezing rain to lots and lots of snow. As they don't know the track quite yet, they can't pinpoint who will get what. Anyone want to guess what Brockville might get? I'd be interested in your prognostication.

Sheila

#2 User offline   cumulusgranite Icon

• Community Moderator
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationSackville, NS

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

Hi Sheila,

Just looking at the models.

It looks like you guys will get the same system that will affect us early in next week.

It looks like a mixed bag of tricks for you, starting as snow changing to a short period of ice pellets and freezing rain then into rain.
As the system moves out of your area the the wrap around from the low will bring in cooler air changing back to snow flurries.

For us it will be a southerly wind rain event. Almost a repeat of the last even here........
In all science, error precedes the truth, and it is better it should go first than last. ~Hugh Walpole

#3 User offline   akajw Icon

• LocationBrockville, ON

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

Spot on Ron.

We got some freezing rain, then rain and it is suppose to turn to snow overnight!!!

Sheila

#4 User offline   Sidereal Icon

• Read blog
  • Community Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationPEI

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:21 AM

Sou-east gale force winds over the open water all day and evening into tomorrow, a bit of rain along the coast, and fortunately neap not spring tides, taking a foot off the tidal surge.
"It isn't that life ashore is distasteful to me. But life at sea is better." - Sir Francis Drake

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Icon1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users)